Monday, January 8, 2018

Hello? Awesome calling...

One of the new projects that I have taken up recently is helping others to find awesome and be awesome.  I’m sure that in some way I have been inspired by Kid President who is contagiously optimistic and continuously enthusiastic.  I realized that I could take his advice and pay it forward.  Unlike Noah and his ark, I am going to do this one-by-one instead of two-by-two. 

Image Courtesy of Dreamstime.com
Recently I asked members of my parish to help with social media and the church website by submitting news and upcoming events.  This is particularly important because I am unable to be at EVERY event or activity.  My rationalization is “many hands make light work” and my load needed lightened.  The response was lukewarm...very lukewarm...cool even. 

I was discouraged until I decided to dump the general appeal and just start asking people for help in person.  Guess what I found out?  Most people thought that the request was for someone else; some unnamed person that was really good at writing, or reporting, or had something dramatically newsworthy to report.  No one seemed to believe that they had anything awesome to say. 

My mission became clear. 

God has spoken very clearly. 

I am to be an awesome cheerleader. (I added awesome – it’s true!)

I think that I have found the vein of happiness that I have been missing of late.  Cheering on others towards greatness…reaching their potential…spreading awesomeness one-by-one.
Let the awesome begin.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment